Eric R. McLoughlin, Associate
Eric R. McLoughlin is a native of Worthington where he continues to live with his wife Laura and daughter Marin. Eric has many years of experience representing clients in estate planning, probate, general business, real estate, and litigation matters. He has a strong passion for helping people with their legal matters and strives to provide all his clients with the personalized service they deserve.
From 2010 to 2013, Eric was of counsel to Arenstein & Andersen, Co., LPA. During this same period, Eric was the supervising attorney of the Capital University Law School Small Business Clinic where he assisted clients with the formation of for-profit businesses and nonprofit organizations and taught students about the practical aspects of representing small business clients by supervising their work on the clients' matters. Eric joined Arenstein & Andersen as a full-time associate attorney in July 2013.
B.A., summa cum laude, Political Science, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio (2004)
J.D., summa cum laude, Capital University Law School, Columbus, Ohio (2007)
Supreme Court of the State of Ohio
United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio (General and Bankruptcy Divisions)
Columbus Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning and Trust Committee
- Member, Business Tax Committee
- Member, Probate Law Committee
- Member, Access to Justice Committee
Leadership Academy Class of 2008
Ohio State Bar Association
- Member, Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Section
Worthington Hills Country Club
Pro Bono and Volunteer Activities
- Ohio Attorney General/Legal Aid Society of Columbus Pro Bono Wills Program (2013)
Prepared manual and taught Continuing Legal Education course to train assistant attorneys general to provide basic estate planning services to low income senior citizens.
- Paralegal Association of Central Ohio (PACO) Wills Clinics (2010 to Present)
Instrumental in development of pro bono program that provides simple estate planning services to elderly persons in need.
Taught and prepared materials for Continuing Legal Education course on basic estate planning to train volunteer attorneys and paralegals for participation in the Wills Clinics for three consecutive years.
- Franklin County Probate Court and Columbus Bar Association's Estate Planning for First Responders Project (2008)
Prepared estate plans for police officers and their families
- Ohio Center for Law-Related Education (2008, 2009, 2013)
Served as volunteer judge for Middle School and High School Mock Trial Competition