Arenstein & Andersen Co., LPA Forms “Of Counsel” Relationship with Joseph A. Downing Co., L.P.A. in Tipp City, OH
Posted In: AACOLPA   | Posted by: Arenstein & Anderson Co., LPA
Arenstein & Andersen Co., LPA located inDublin, Ohio and Joseph A. Downing Co., L.P.A. located in Tipp City, Ohio formed an “of counsel” relationship on May 5, 2014 to better serve clients of both firms. The relationship also reconnects Greg Arenstein and Nick Andersen to Tipp City, Ohio, where they both practiced at the beginning of their careers.
The affiliation substantially increases the service area of Arenstein & Andersen Co., LPA and greatly increases the scope of legal services available to the clients of Joseph A. Downing Co., L.P.A. Both firms provide similar services in the areas of estate planning, probate, real estate, and business. In addition, Arenstein & Andersen Co., LPA provides comprehensive legal representation in taxation, family law, litigation, and bankruptcy.
The affiliation will bolster the legal services already provided by both firms, which include:
(1) Legal services for businesses, including: formation of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships; dissolution
of business entities, including assistance with windup and liquidation; preparation and implementation of business agreements, including by-laws, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, stock/unit sale agreements, stock/unit purchase agreements, and merger/acquisition agreements; assistance with raising capital through private offerings of securities, including preparation of private placement memoranda, subscription agreements, and related offering documents and contracts, along with compliance assistance for federal and state securities laws; preparation and implementation of employment related agreements, including employee handbooks, employee contracts, independent contractor agreements, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, confidentiality agreements, and severance agreements; advising employers on implementation, practice, and compliance with Ohio and Federal laws relating to employment, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, PDA, OAWA, health care continuation, workers’ compensation, unemployment compensation, NLRA, FLSA, Ohio wage and hour laws, OSHA, and COBRA; for businesses in the medical, dental, and veterinary fields we offer a unique emphasis on healthcare laws and compliance, including physician, dentist, and veterinarian employment contracts, assistance with insurance and billing issues, compliance with Stark and other anti-kickback laws, privacy and electronic records laws (including HIPAA and HITECH), Medicare and Medicaid compliance, day-to-day operations of practices, audits conducted by the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, Medicaid, Medicare, and other State and Federal Agencies; and negotiation, planning, and other assistance with executive compensation packages, including tax aspects, stock options, benefits, and related issues.
(2) Legal services relating to real estate, including: assistance with real property matters, including purchase/sale contracts, deeds, mortgages, assignments, land contracts, letters of intent, leases, zoning compliance and other regulatory concerns; help with landlord-tenant matters; and assistance with financing arrangements.
(3) Legal services in estate planning and probate, including: preparing revocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, and living wills; assisting with advanced wealth transfer strategies, including the preparation of irrevocable trusts, such as domestic asset protection trusts, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and life insurance trusts, along with other wealth transfer tools such as family limited partnerships; counseling clients on probate avoidance techniques to streamline and reduce the costs associated with estate administration; assisting business owners with succession and wealth transfer planning; planning for children or other loved ones with special needs to include the use of wholly discretionary trusts, supplemental services trusts, and special needs trusts to protect the beneficiary’s eligibility for public assistance benefits; advising clients on Medicaid planning and other elder care issues; representing Executors, Administrators, and Trustees with the administration of estates and trusts, including assistance with tax planning and the preparation of Federal estate tax returns, and Federal and Ohio fiduciary income tax returns; and assisting with applications for, and the administration of, guardianships for both minors and incompetents.
Additionally, the affiliation will increase the scope of services in Tipp City, and surrounding areas to include:
(1) Legal services in all aspects of taxation, including planning, compliance, and representing taxpayers in controversies. Some legal services relating to taxation include: defending individual and corporate taxpayers in collection actions, including assessments and audits initiated by the Internal Revenue Service, Ohio Department of Taxation, and municipal taxing authorities pertaining to income, estate, gift, sales, use, and withholding taxes; and representation of individual and corporate taxpayers in tax controversies by prosecuting administrative appeals and litigation in Ohio and Federal courts, including the United States Tax Court, United States District Courts, Ohio Board of Tax Appeals, and in their respective appellate courts.
(2) Legal services in all areas of family law including: divorces, dissolutions, annulments, shared parenting plans, and post-decree matters such as child support, alimony, and visitation modifications.
(3) Legal services in all aspects of civil litigation, including representation in jury trials, in most areas of Ohio and Federal law.
(4) Legal services in bankruptcy including: filing Chapter 7 bankruptcies for individuals and couples; filing Chapter 13 bankruptcies for individuals and couples; defending clients in post-bankruptcy challenges by creditors to the discharge of certain debts; assisting with creditors prior to, during, and after a bankruptcy is filed; and handling conversions from Chapter 7 to Chapter 13 bankruptcies and vice versa.
The attorneys at both firms are looking forward to working together to better assist their clients.
Posted In: AACOLPA